The first session will be up 45 minutes – 1 hour long and will involve the dog getting used to the hydrotherapy treadmill and their hydrotherapist. We will gain a detailed history and discuss with you a treatment plan.
Each session will include:
- Carrying out a general health check and then taking specific muscle mass measurements of your dog including their weight.
- Your dog will then receive a warm massaging shower to warm up their muscle and clean their coat of any dirt and debris. A harness is then fitted.
- Your dog will be introduced to the water on their first session and a speed and water depth will be determined.
- Every patient is accompanied into the aquatic treadmill by one of our hydrotherapists.
- We encourage you to be actively involved in your pets hydrotherapy session from the front of the aquatic treadmill in order for your pet to be reassured and gain confidence in the water. If your pet has a favourite treat or particular toy they like to play with please bring those along to the session.
- After the hydrotherapy session, they then have a warm shower and are thoroughly towelled and blow-dried depending on your dogs preference.
- Canine Aquatread is a member of the Canine Hydrotherapy Association (CHA) so are able to process insurance claims.